Yes my friends , the much awaited OBIEE 12c is officially available for download.
Download link is as follows
The new features are listed below
- Easy to upgrade: BI 12c offers a radically simple and robust upgrade from 11g, saving customers time and effort in moving to the new version. BI 12c includes a free utility to automate regression testing, the Baseline Validation Tool, which verifies data, visuals, catalog object metadata, and system-generated SQL across 11g and 12c releases.
- Faster: Sophisticated in-memory processing includes BI Server optimizations and support for multiple in-memory data stores, while in-memory Essbase on Exalytics offers enhanced concurrency and scalability, as well as significant performance gains.
- Friendlier: Usability updates throughout BI 12c demonstrate Oracle’s continued commitment to making analytics as fast, flexible, and friendly as they are powerful and robust. A new user interface simplifies the layout for the homepage, Answers, and Dashboards, making it easier for users to quickly see what’s important; HTML-5 graphics improve view rendering; and it’s easier for users to create new groups, calculations, and measures, for simpler, more direct interaction with results.
- More Visual: A consistent set of Data Visualization capabilities are now available across Oracle BI Cloud Service and Oracle BI 12c, as well as the upcoming Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service, offering customers a continuity of visual experience unmatched by our competitors. Business users can point and click to upload personal data and blend it with IT-managed data in BI 12c, which automatically infers connections between data sets. Visualizing data is as easy as dragging attributes onto the screen, with optimal visualizations automatically displayed – no modeling or upfront configuration required. Related data is automatically connected, so highlighting data in one visual highlights correlated data in every other visual, immediately showing patterns and revealing new insights. These insights, along with narrative comments, can be shared as interactive visual stories, enabling seamless collaboration that drives fact-based decisions.
- More Advanced: Predictive analysis is more tightly integrated, enabling customers to more easily forecast future conditions based on existing data points, group elements that are statistically similar, and expose outliers. BI 12c includes the ability to run the free Oracle R distribution on BI Server, and extend existing analytics with custom R scripts, which can point to any engine (R, Oracle Database, Spark, etc.) without needing to change the BI RPD to deliver results.
- More Mobile: Keyword search (“BI Ask”) empowers users to literally talk to their data, asking questions and having visualizations automatically created as responses, opening up an easy entry point for authoring. Additionally, the interface for iOS has been completely redesigned; and Mobile BI for Android offers sharing and following for nearby devices, as well as the ability to project any dashboard or story to GoogleCast-enabled devices.
- Bigger Data: BI 12c enables customers to use new data, from local, Oracle, and Big Data sources, including personal files uploaded by users; direct access to data in Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning applications; and ODBC access to Cloudera Impala. Apache Spark will be accessible via native Spark SQL in an upcoming update.
- Higher ROI, Lower TCO: Streamlined administration and life cycle management reduce the time and resources required to manage BI 12c, decreasing costs and increasing value for this and future releases. Enhancements include separating metadata from configuration; simpler, more robust security; easier backup, restore, and disaster recovery; hot patching of metadata; and many more.
3 thoughts on “OBIEE 12 c is out …”
Really cool post, highly informative and professionally written and I am glad to be a visitor of this perfect blog, thank you for this rare info! , Regards , informatica mdm training in hyderabad,
Thank You so much for this blog. It helped me lot. I am a Technical Recruiter by profession and first time working on this technology was bit tough for me, this article really helped me a lot to understand the details to get started with.
My assumption was that all input columns would be used to determine the distinct set.
However, we have records where all the data is the same, except for the last updated date. The last updated date is included in our list of fields mapped to the staging area (it has to be).
But nice Article Mate! Great Information! Keep up the good work!
This is the most brilliant article ever! Please put the permalink part in the post. If someone didn’t comment on it I’d have no idea!
We cant add filter while creating/inserting a record in database where as we can add filter while modifying(search/update/delete) record. As Business entity supports CRUD operations it violates rule.
Neither I can create custom field on system column nor I can get system columns(except rowidObject) in REST response to filter based on CI value. Informatica MDM Training USA
How can I achieve this.?
Thanks a lot. This was a perfect step-by-step guide. Don’t think it could have been done better.